Powered By Blogger

Let me help

Friday 10 February 2012

Makeover Monday

Hello everyone,
     now for some reason I had a difficult time trying to decide how I wanted to make this card all mine. I love these challenges, you really get to tap into your creativity. I tried making this card one way, but wasn't happy with it, and just kept fiddling with it until I finally came up with a card I was pleased with. So without further ado here it is.......



I know over at the Paper Crafter's Library, their inspiration was a 12 x 12 scrapbook page, but I really wanted to continue making my cards. Now looking at it maybe if I had made it a 5.5 x 5.5 card I would have had a littlemore room to play with, but I am pretty pleased with how it turned out.
     I used the Cheerful Treat designer series paper and my eyeley border punch and created the decorative layer on the the bottom of the card front. I used my Sizzlits alphabet set "Girls are Weird" and punched out the letters and shadows for the word "Spring". I wanted another layer for the lettering and decided to cut out 1-3/8" circles and place the letters on top. I was going to place one letter on each circle, but there wasn't enough room, but lucky enough there was enough room for two letters on each circle. I stamped sentiments from the Best Yet stamp set, in Brilliant Blue Classic ink and sponged around the edges. I layered in a coordinating color and punched a hole in the top using my Big Bite. I used the Cherry Cobbler Bakers Twine and wrapped the card and used the twine to attach my sentiment. The flower and ladybug are stickers that I have had forever, they are made by Provo Craft and are called Dandy Daisies.
I hope you like and until next time,
Happy Crafting, Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment