Powered By Blogger

Let me help

Thursday 15 September 2011

Making Clouds with your Scalloped Circle Punch

Hello again,
I just realized that I had said in an earlier post that I would show you how easy it is to make those puffy clouds that you see in the background of this card. It's funny how you can make such a difference in the look of your card with just a few simple "tricks of the trade", once you learn them.





These clouds are made by punching out about 7 scalloped circles. I don't have the Stampin' Up circle punch but I do have the Fiskars scalloped circle punch. Now if I had known when I purchased it that you end up with three holes inside of your circle I probably would not have paid the money for the system, but I have it now, so I am going to use it. Those little holes cover easily when you layer, hehehe.



Next using your snail adhesive apply a little adhesive and start gluing them together. Four on the bottom row and then attach three more to the top portions, you could add more to make it longer or less to make it shorter depending on the look you want. Just practice and you will decide what works best for you.



Then take a sponge and your blue ink, ink up your sponge and hold the template you have just made down on your card and start sponging around the edges of the scalloped circles. Move the template around and keep inking up your sponge, the more ink the darker the color, and as you get further down your card, use less ink and it will be lighter. Be sure to keep turning your template and moving it often after sponging small areas, to get the best effect. I bet this would look nice on a nighttime background by making puffs of clouds throughout the night sky.



Also a little tip, so I don't see these circles stuck together and toss them by accident, I used a piece of paper to sponge on when I first started to see how it turned out, well I kept this piece of paper, added a piece of Velcro to the paper and my template and I attach the template back to the paper when I am finished.



Hope this ideas helps you in creating beautiful cards,
Happy crafting, Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment