Powered By Blogger

Let me help

Sunday 25 September 2011

Christmas Cards

Hello everyone,
Well thank goodness for the ability to save draft posts. I have been working on four or five drafts and trying to get the pictures I need for each one as well. Then to find the time to get the pictures uploaded. Well I got up this morning and decided I would do that while everyone was still asleep. Well everyone is now awake and I have one post finished and here you go.....

My mother in law asked me to make her Christmas cards this year, to give out to the family. I had some Christmas paper that I received from my mom and I wanted to use it.


As always I love my Lovely as a Tree stamp set, and thought I would stamp some trees in Handsome Hunter green on some vanilla card stock. Next I wanted to add some glitter to the trees so I stamped on top of the images with Versamark. Now, I could have used my Stamp-a-ma-Jig, but I just eyed it instead. I then sprinkled Kaleidoscope embossing powder over and heat set it. This just adds a bit of sparkle to the card.


I then cut the trees 2 x 3.25 inch and layered them in red and vanilla, each layer being cut 1/4 inch bigger than the last. I took the pretty Christmas designer series paper and started cutting strips, 3/4 inch for the sides and 2 inches for the center. I centered the tree on the card about 1/2 inch from the top. As you can see, as I ran out of one type of paper I just switched it up and used what I had.

The insides are always a difficult decision of how to decorate or what to put inside. I saw on another blog, which if I can find it again I will add as a favorite site to look at, that she decorates the inside simply by adding a piece of card stock, sponged and then coordinating strips; I used leftovers. Not too shabby if I do say so myself. Not sure what sentiment I am going to add yet, but I will let you know.


Happy crafting, Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment