Powered By Blogger

Let me help

Sunday 25 September 2011

Strawberry Hearts

Hello everyone,
I have had Chris home all week, and have had him cutting paper, to try to keep him occupied but that is growing old I think. He feels better one day, does too much and then feels exhausted and tired the next, today is a tired day. So I have put him to bed and hopefully he'll get some rest.



I have been playing with my Square Lattice embossing folder, I really like impression it makes. It looks like wood or a basket. I am working on some bird houses that I think are cute, both 3-D and flat ones for cards, and I embossed them with this folder, but I'll show those another day when I figure out what I am going to do with them. I also used my Scalloped Border punch by Fiskars on the edges.



I used my Cricut and the Designer Calendar cartridge and cut out some hearts with red card stock. Then I used my Petals Punch, from Michael's, and punched out some white petals and green ones, and some yellow centers.





I ran the hearts through the Cuttlebug with the Swiss Dots embossing folder.



Then I attached both a green and white petal and used the yellow for the centers, to make strawberries.
Next I took pieces of light brown card stock and cut it for the front of my card, and ran it through the Cuttlebug with the Square Lattice embossing folder.


I cut strips of red card stock and used the Scalloped Border punch and punched the top and bottom edges, and added ribbon along the center. As you can see I ran out of one type of ribbon and had to switch to another.



I attached the strawberries to each card with Tombow glue, and added a ribbon and sentiment to complete the card front. I then attached the card front to an A2 size card base.



I used a yellow brad down through the center to hold the blossom together and Tombow glue for attaching the little pieces.
Here's a whole patch of cards. Hope you enjoy.
Happy crafting, Tina

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tina, Love the strawberries. Have you got Chris working hard this week? Poor baby.
    Have a great week , love to everyone. Mom xoxo

    ReplyDelete