Powered By Blogger

Let me help

Monday 26 September 2011

Halloween Card

Good Morning,
     I have been working on this card this weekend and I really like how it is coming togather. I still have Chris helping me by punching and cutting my papers down to size. He doesn't think I have finished nearly enough for the amount of time we have spent on cards. hehehe Maybe he's starting to realize how much time actually goes into making cards.

I love how this card turned out. It took a little time and little trying this, and trying that, but I think the final product is really nice.



I took black card stock and used my scalloped circle template, for making clouds, and made white clouds on the black background, to create a nighttime setting.




Next Chris punched out a bunch of black owl bodies. I was going to make black owl silhouettes for the card and then thought I would like to have a bat "flying" by the moon. So we then punched out some yellow moons and I sponged them with So Safron. And using the scalloped oval punch I punch out along the edge of black paper and then finished cutting out the wing with the 1 3/4 inch Circle Punch.



Next I sponged the edges of the owl body and wings with white, to help them stand out better on the background.



 I decided to add pumpkins to the setting, so another job for Chris. hehehe He punch out ovals in orange card stock and I sponged the edges with Dusty Durango and glued two oval to the back of the center oval, to make a pumpkin. I used my Creative Memories maple leaf punch and punched out some green leaves, sponged them in Old Olive and added them to the pumpkins.





The vines you see were punched from the Two Step Bird Punch. I stamped the sentiment from the Teeny Tiny stamp set, so glad I got this stamp set, punched it out with the Word Window punch and sponged the edges with Dusty Durango. I layered the sentiment with the Modern Label punch and attached it with Stampin' Dimensionals.


Hope you like and hope this gives you a little inspiration.
Happy crafting, Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment