Powered By Blogger

Let me help

Saturday 1 October 2011

Another Christmas card

Hello again,
I know it's still a little early to be thinking of Christmas, but truly I don't think a week goes by that I don't find myself humming a Christmas Carol or thinking of how I want to decorate this year. Shoot and I haven't even decorated for Halloween yet!

This card is made with the Come to Bethlehem stamp set. I have always liked this stamp set and it was one I finally ordered, in my last Stampin' Up order. I decided to go with a silver and blue color scheme. I took a light blue card stock and used Versamark and stamped the three wisemen stamp on the card stock. Next I used silver embossing powder, and heat set it.


I bought this shimmer paper pad at Michael's using my 50% off coupon. I took the silver shimmer paper and cut it out 4 x 5.25 inches. Next I layered my stamped/embossed image. At first I cut the top layer 1/4 inch smaller but decided I wanted more of the silver showing, so I cut each of the top layers 1/2 inch smaller than the silver layer. I then wrapped ribbon around the card and placed it on the front of my A2 card.




I offset the top layer, more to the side, so you could see the sparkle and color in the ribbon. Added a sentiment, layered it, and used Stampin' Dimensionals to give some dimension to the card. I then added a sentiment to the inside. I think my mother in law will like this card too.



Happy crafting, Tina

1 comment:

  1. Goodmorning Hon,
    This card is lovely. Love the colours Xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete