Powered By Blogger

Let me help

Wednesday 5 October 2011

Coffee Thankyou Card

Good morning,
     With how busy things have been lately, with Chris being sick (he's better now), I had moved alot of my craft supplies upstairs into the middle of the livingroom. Well I spent all of this afternoon putting it all away! The house is back to normal now.
My mother in law wants me to make her Christmas cards this year, so I have been busy making those and I have a card request from one of the guys I work with.
 He wants a card for one of the girls that we work with, she is changing rotations and we won't be working with her, except in passing.
So yet another dilemma, what type of card do I make for someone who is not a girlie girl? Well she is a good friend of mine so I got to thinking about things she likes, and what stamps and punches I have. Coffee, that's it, she loves her coffee. We like our wine too but didn't think he would like to give her a card about that, hehehe.


So I got thinking about types of coffee, espresso.......express, espresso my thanks? Yeah that works, now what? A coffee cup die cut and my card is starting to take shape. Hmmmmm perhaps a chalk board in the background naming different types of coffee? Ok now this I don't have so guess I'll pull out my computer and make one.




Well I have that finished, and I layered it with dark brown card stock, and sponged all my edges with Chocolate Chip ink. I had Chris cut me out some coffee cup die cuts with the cuttlebug and I like how you can swap the pieces out to give them more dimension. I used My Digital Studio by Stampin' Up to create the "chalkboard" as you can use all of the colors that Stampin' Up has and match your colors.



Here is a picture of the finished card......now on to more Christmas cards.
Happy crafting, Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment