Powered By Blogger

Let me help

Thursday 6 October 2011

Angel card for the Holidays

Hello everyone,
This is a little spin on a card I made a little while back. I just loved the angel and thought she would be perfect for Christmas cards, as well. So I decided to use Christmas paper for her skirt.


I started by using my Scalloped border punch and punched along both long edges of 8.5 x 11 card stock, this way you can do more all at once, and then I cut my paper in half.

Then I counted and marked every 8 scallops, and cut the card stock and this makes her skirt. To round the edges just mark the middle of the top flat side of the card stock and cut up the sides to the mark you made. Next take the extra-large oval punch and punch out a skin tone colored card stock and this is her head. I haven't added a face or pink for the cheeks yet.


I used the petal punch and using red glitter card stock, I punched out 3 flowers for each angel, added a yellow center and you have poinsettias. Using silver card stock, and my Creative Memories oval cutting system I used the smallest oval template and the blue and green blades and cut out the halos.

Next I ran the cardbase through the Cuttlebug with the Petals a Plenty embossing folder. I took sponge and Handsome Hunter and ran the sponge back and forth across the embossed surface until I had the color I wanted. I realized after that I could have udes my Brayer instead of the sponge to apply the color.




Next I centered and adhered the angel in place. I used the Merry Christmas stamp from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set, stamped in Real Red Classic ink and punched out with the Word Window. I layered with the |Decorative label and adhered the sentiment to her dress.


I added red glitter glue to the centers of the embossed images, and to a few centers I added little beaded red flowers, that I got at Michaels in the bargain bins. (they came in a sheet of 25 flowers for $1.50, and I got 20% off)

Enjoy and if you have any questions, feel free to send me a note.
Happy Crafting, Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment